Sunday, October 7, 2007

Greetings new Bible students

Students,
    First I'm testing your email addresses.
    Second I'm sending the main Bible site I use (though of course there are others you might wish to explore through your search engines).
    Third, familiarize yourself with this Bible site. It has many English versions of the Bible as well as many other translations.
    We will definitely not be using the KJV (King James Version); I usually use the Revised Standard Version (all my study handouts are from that version).
    Soon I'll be putting your email addresses into my blog site; and you'll get a message from my blog saying you now have permission to access my blog. I'll probably be able to do that right now.
    In the future, all homework/reading assignments will arrive BOTH by email AND on the blog. So there will be no more problems with email not arriving to some student mailboxes. Because each student is required to check my blog for any assignments if they have not already arrived by email.
    Usually each week I send two separate emails. One is the reading assignment; the other is the in-class listening assignment, with text the student can follow while listening to recorded narrations of Bible texts or else Gospel music. These handouts are not required for final exam study or even home study, but only for in-class use (though I put a lot of time into them and ambitious students will wish to read them over at home as well as in class).
    Good luck!
   

No comments: